General information for 2020
From Saturday, 26 till Saturday 03 October 2020 the 12th edition of the renowned „generations - international jazzfestival frauenfeld“ will take place. The jazz ensemble master class lasting several days is one of the reasons why „generations“ has become an international insiders’ tip; a stage for many upcoming national and international jazz talents. In 2020 this international master class was upgraded to the „generations performance program“ by another important aspect: all participating instrumentalists had the opportunity to perform two big band concerts under the guidance of a world-famous composer and big band leader. Out of all applications the jury will therefore select 24 to 25 participants to form every day four ensembles and a big band, which the six tutors will alternately coach during generations.
Terms and Conditions
1. Age Limit: 28 year (born after 01 Januar 1991)
2. The „generations performance program“ takes place from Saturday, 26 September till Saturday, 03 October 2020. The final concert will be performed on 03 October.
3. Application deadline will be in spring 2020. Please apply exclusively via our application form on this website uploading your sound files. Further video links can be sent by email to: email@example.com
4. Application period opens on March 2020.
5. The number of participants is limited to 24 - 25 musicians.
6. Participants will be selected and invited by a jury; there is no fee for active participation in the „generations performane program“ (free accommodation and lunch as well included). Participants have to take care of their travel expenses.
7. All applicants will be informed about the results of the selection on June 2020.
Please get in touch with me for further questions or information. Looking forward to it!
Requirements and target groupPostgraduates, alumni of University Jazz programs, experienced amateurs, but also young talents who like to improve. Style: Contemporary Jazz. Requirements: profund knowledge of jazz repertoire, i. a. the "Great American Songbook"; general playing experience.
Age limit 28 years of ageApplications can be made by all who are born after Jan 01, 1991 (28 years of age; exceptions may be granted by the artistic director).
From spring 2020 only through the application form on this website including your sound samples (audio file uplodad directly during your application) Recordings should be with a recent group including the following style:
- a jazz standard (jazz tradition, e. g. “All the things you are”)
- a straight eights tune (modern jazz, e.g. “Maiden Voyage”)
In addition every applicant should record a medium or up-tempo blues accompanied by a metronome only (head and 3 choruses of solo).
Drummers should record “Billie’s Bounce” (head as melody and 3 choruses of solo). All popular audio files as MP3, AAC (m4a), wav and aiff are accepted. A jury will choose the approx. 25 participants after 01 June 2018.
All applicants will be informed about the results of the selection starting on Monday, 04 Juni 2018.
The registration period will start in spring 2020.
Private accommodation with guest families free of charge. Participants will be informed about the details through our secretary Miss Brigitte Conrad prior to arrival. Hotel rooms liable to pay costs can be booked over Tourist Services of the town of Frauenfeld, Bahnhofstrasse 75, CH-8500 Frauenfeld; phone number +41 52 721 31 28; fax +41 52 722 10 64; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact the artistic director Dominik Deuber: email@example.com